Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

It's Hardwood Time!

For where your treasure is, there too, will be your heart.
Luke 12:34

I'm a lucky girl, there is no doubt about that! It's easy to be happy when things are going you're way, but it's harder to keep a happy face when times are tough. Part of what makes us who we are is how we handle those hard times. Browsing through blogs, magazines, online shopping and advertisements, it's so easy to think about the things that are lacking in our own lives and how things could be more 'storybook' like they seen for others. I wish for each glowing image posted, there were five of the trial-and-error shots that it took to get there! Getting where I want to be is what makes me appreciate the final product that much more. 

I am not ashamed to say that we have been walking, standing, dancing, playing, eating and living on subfloor for over 6 months, but this weekend Charlie and I drove up to Murphy, North Carolina buy the long awaited hardwood floors for the house! This means BIG things are happening here, folks! Once the floors are in, we can start my favorite part, which will be decorating the little house! All of this means good things for {it's a monogrammed world} as I'll have lots of material to share with you!


All 3600lbs will be installed soon and I can't wait to share the ups and downs!

Disclaimer: It was impossible to photograph, but the trailer's max capacity is 3500lbs, which means we really had that baby loaded down. An overweight trailer meant making a normally 5 hour trip much longer. We drove on average 50mph the entire way home.
Epic. Fail.

But at least we have floors! And memories from the trip!
Now, who wants to come help with installation?



No comments:

Post a Comment