Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

The countdown is on! Or we're on hold, again...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

The end is in sight people, we are scheduled to move at the end of this week/weekend! I don't know if my little heart can stand another delay. I know I harp on this all the time, but seriously, we're ready. Beyond ready. It's time. I'm ready to start DIYing! I'm tired of painting furniture. I'm ready to start painting cabinets. And trim. And walls. Again, it's time. 

Last weekend, the ladies of my church went on an outing to the Coastal Living showhouse on Daniel Island. This was the perfect time to get away from my own projects and get more ideas on what I want to achieve for the interior of our home. I find that when I immerse myself in projects, I tend to get tunnel vision. Things like this are great for me and serve as a reminder for my overall vision. Am I the only person who gets so wrapped up in one project that you obsess and nitpick every details until you second guess everything that you've picked and literally start to lose sight of what you wanted to begin with??

Not only was this showhouse gorgeously decorated, but a portion of it was constructed by a local craftsman from our church. He's crazy talented! I loved spending the day with friends/other homeowners and chatting about our favorite things in the house. First question to the man taking our tickets at the door... Can we take pictures? When he said yes, I practically gave myself whiplash ripping my iphone from my pocket and running around the house like a crazy lady snapping shots of every single thing. 

Enjoy!














































































No comments:

Post a Comment