Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happily Ever After...

Don't urge me to leave you or turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16

I cannot believe it has come and gone. That is, the wedding, of course! If you follow me on facebook or instagram, you know that our special day was one right out of a fairy tale (okay okay, my opinion mayyyy be a little biased). As I planned, I knew that I wanted to look back and not have one single regret. I didn't want to think, oh I wish I had just gone ahead and done (insert xyz)... Well, I can say that my mission was accomplished and then some! Thanks to Ashley and her amazing crew at WED Charleston with special help from Luke and Brooke, Charlie and I had the most amazing wedding e.v.e.r. We're waiting to get everything back from our photographer Nadean with Gene Ho Photography who was AMAZING, so I can share my favorites with my devoted readers, but for now I want to share a zillion few of our best shots from the honeymoon!

As if the wedding wasn't all that I could've hoped for, Charlie really spoiled me with the most fabulous gorgeous incredible amazing spectacular fantastic honeymoon of all time! We decided to rest and recoup in Charleston for a few days before leaving for Antigua the Wednesday following the wedding weekend. Best decision of all time. I don't want to be one of those brides who thinks she knows everything about wedding planning, but if I can give one piece of advice, give yourself a couple days of staycation before you leave for the main event. We were well rested, well packed and ready to go by Wednesday morning. Not to mention, once we got to Antigua the trip seemed so much longer !


Scooped up at the airport and taken to the resort dock where a private ferry picked us up on the main island and took us to Jumby Bay, a private island off the coast of Antigua. View from the front of the ferry as we approached Long Island, home of Jumby Bay Resort!


Welcome spread waiting for us when we got to our ocean front suite!


Yum!


So sweet!


Local Antiguan food served our first night at Jumby Bay, complete with ocean view of course!


First picture together in Antigua as Mr. and Mrs. Horton!


suite 38


private courtyard outside our suite


view off the point


view from our bed


daily breakfast view


daily breakfast view


beach bar


Jumby Bay dock


Daily routine!


These things were everywhere!


Smoothies delivered constantly on the beach! Delish!!


beach view


Take me back! 


sunset cruise


The entire resort was crazy gorgeous!


The island was home to a sugar plantation. This is the view from the top of the old windmill. Off in the distance is the main island of Antigua. 


Rum tasting!


view from the porch of our suite


main beach


White night on the main beach for all of the guests.


gorgeous


so. much. food. 


White night!
(excuse the beach blown hair)


We went kayaking, snorkeling and paddle boarding! 
Charlie went kite surfing, but I decided to stay on the beach during that adventure. 


View of the main beach from the circumnavigation tour around the island. 


There were no cars on the island so all guests had beach cruisers to ride around the island. Luckily, there were golf carts that could drive guests around if you were all dolled up for dinner!


Pool with an ocean view!


Charlie planned the most amazing surprise, private dinner on the beach for us! 


And I had planned one for him on the porch of our suite!


Gorgeous sunset from our private dinner!


beach view on our morning ride to breakfast


view from the verandah bar


Goodbye Jumby Bay!


We weren't ready to leave!

Words cannot express how grateful I am to my amazing Mom and Dad for giving me a day fit for a princess. Our wedding was a day that I will never forget and it is impossible to show them how thankful I am to have them as parents. If you know me personally, you know how obsessed I am with them both!
Thank you Cha for giving us the most amazing honeymoon that I could've ever dreamed of. It was a trip that I will never forget and will never be topped. My hat is off to you, sir!

Our wedding, staycation and honeymoon were straight out of a movie. I am incredibly blessed. 

Now, we're back in the real world... We're anxiously waiting for Lis and Matt's house to be done so that we can move into our house (see previous posts if you're out of the loop). Let the renovations begin! Stay tuned for my projects and my attempts to DIY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Em. Gee. The pictures are amazing. You're the cutest ever. "Mr. and Mrs. Horton" sounds so perfect. Reminds me of my sweet grandparents who adored each other and I see that in y'all :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete