Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

I'm dreaming of a white kitchen

Let all that you do be done in love! 1 Corinthians 16:14

I have to admit that I am in love with white cabinets. And thick, bold, white trim. And I don't discriminate... I love it all... white baseboards, white crown molding, white door trim, white window trim (this is likely to be old news to you if you follow me on Pinterest!). But what's the use for any of this, if it isn't oversized? Luckily the combined living room and kitchen in the new house have high, vaulted ceilings so all of this thick molding will look right at home! Right after we scrape down the popcorn ceiling, that is!

Height added to a traditional door frame by adding simple moldings.

Tall baseboards made easy with a 1x6 and small trim piece. 

Beautiful three paneled doors look timeless!
This should be easy enough, right dad?!
Find more on this project, here.

I. love. this. All kinds of molding ideas, here

My new front door has side panels just like this one. I'll be painting them white to contrast against my colorful front door. More front door facades, here

Square, white columns are a must! More like these, here.

I never knew I wanted back, covered porch until I saw this picture. Rug, patio furniture, lantern, combined with white columns, white door and lots of white trim... say no more! Such awesome ideas, here.

Be still my heart! White, square columns. White trim. Painted floor. Gas lanterns. Working shutters. My white washed-ish brick will look great with my attempt to recreate this! More, here

Am I so silly to want my back patio painted like this?! Love the eccentric design ideas, here

White cabinets and dark hardware are a must in my kitchen! I love these solid bases with glass paned uppers. Farm sink is precious... huge surprise, I'd rather have a white one! Precious home ideas like this one, here.

White trim. White cabinets. Dark knobs. Natural bamboo shades. Am I in heaven?!
Love the ideas, here.

Beadboard in the bathroom. I'm swooning. Adorable ideas, here

These mirrors are my OCD dream. Storage all hidden away = perfection. I could look for ideas all day, here.

Anyone who has had the serious misfortune opportunity to see my embroidery room knows that it is a bit of a mess. I struggle with ideas to store my fabric, crafting supplies, ribbon, etc. knowing that any investment of time or money will be lost once the machine is moved over to my new house and a smaller room further complicates the equation. A floor to ceiling built in cabinet like this smaller one shown above is exactly what I need to hide my embroidery machine. Hopefully, a wall of built in cabinets combined with a built in desk and drawers for storage will be the answer to my organizational woes. Other great ideas, here.

 While on the theme of hiding, I just had to share this idea. Looks complicated, but you could easily modify your own cabinets with a pull out tray from Lowes or Home Depot. This would be perfect for people like me who wouldn't use small appliances like this on a regular basis. I'll take a lime green Kitchen Aid stand mixer if anyone has an extra $300 they're just dying to get rid of. Sigh... guess it will  be added to my mile long wish list wedding registry. Seriously, great ideas, here.

Now, none of this seems like too much to ask for, does it?! But I'm torn, do I continue my search for construction based projects or spread my efforts to include cosmetic and or design features as well? It's too bad I've yet to mention anything about my obsession with plantation shutters...

No comments:

Post a Comment